Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More filing!!

Went to the dentist yesterday and he did more filing on my upper teeth... The difference this time was that he used a thin strip of sandpaper to file my teeth! He said it was the only way to get into those tight spaces and shape + reduce the obstructions... Personally I think it's not as painless as the previous procedure (dremel tool with a sandpaper disc attachment). As you can imagine, sandpaper isn't as friendly with gums as dental floss, so when I got home and brushed my teeth, gum bled. (Well not exactly, just the spit was pinky but when I checked my gum, it wasn't bleeding...)

Although the gap between my front two teeth has closed, I still have a few very tiny gaps (newly created) + 1 big gap (was there before the filing this time round) between my upper teeth. Tiny gaps can't really be captured on camera, but here is the big gap:

The dentist told me that if the gaps don't close in my upper teeth after my last set (14th), I'd get an additional 1 or 2 trays. It's comforting to hear, especially when I only have 3 trays left for my upper arch and I'm a bit scared that my teeth won't be perfect by then! (Although the dentist has been right so far and said I've made good progress.) So fingers crossed!!

I didn't feel much when the dentist put in the 12th set. I mentioned it to my dentist and he said that I was used to the 'pain'. However, by the time I went to bed that night ... my teeth did feel pretty sore! I guess my teeth have moved a lot since the appointment. :)

10 comments:

  1. Hi. your blog has been very informative. I had my clincheck review today and I can't wait to receive the aligners. I was wondering how long does it usually take for the gaps created by the IPR to close? I was told that I will have that procedure done as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I don't really know how long it 'usually' takes to the gap to close, but for me, I had IPR on my front two teeth in my 4th Tray and the gap closed in my 10th/11th Tray... so quite a long time really. However, to be honest, you can't see the gap with the trays in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) Your blog has been awesome and informative! Your teeth look great so far. You helped swade me to get invisalign. I had my impressions done last week, I can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, very informative. I'm thinking of having mine done, may I ask which clinic in London are you a patient at? There are so many good clinics in central London and I'm having difficulties to pick which one to go to. Yours seem desirable ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, please email me linjoshi@googlemail.com so that I can email you back the clinic info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I went for my appointment today and he spent quite a lot of time explaining in details on all my questions!

    I'm pleased with my result so far- just finished with my last tray for my upper teeth and 8 more trays to go for my lower teeth!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my first trays fitted yesterday. Thought I'd be in lots of pain but so far absolutely none when they are in place. The worst thing by far is getting the trays out, that's painful because it feels like I'm pulling my teeth out, but I think it's just a case of getting used to it. Like my ortho said 'Don't panic, just take your time and the trays will come out ok!'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! But it's only painful for the first few days when you fit the new trays on!! You'll get use to the pain and by the time you have Tray 4 or 5, you'll be pretty much immune. Good luck with your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just got my 3rd tray. Ortho had to put these little "bumps" on my teeth ... ?? Anyways, I can't get them out now!! Any suggestions? Since getting the little bumps for the trays to adhere to, they are stuck solid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor you! I found it really hard the first time too- I was so hungry, was so desperate in wanting to have them out!! You just have to REALLY pull them out- with brutal force! I know it seems like they might break (or your teeth might break) but it should be okay!

    ReplyDelete

About Invisalign
Invisalign treatment will consist of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. And since your Invisalign system is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by you and your dentist or orthodontist, you know you'll end up with a smile that truly fits.
Links