Wednesday, March 11, 2009

5th Tray

Went to see my dentist today to receive my 5th, 6th and 7th trays. He showed me how my teeth have moved so far, from the beginning to the 4th set of trays. They did move a fair bit on the screen, but still too small for me to notice any differences in the mirror. The funny thing was the dentist couldn't take off my trays, and asked me to take off the trays myself and I did it within 1 second! Felt really proud and experienced! :D

Today the dentist shaved further two of my bottom teeth- and this time, I have my camera with me!!! Hooray, Hooray, so here is the video clip of 2 of my bottom teeth being shaved :




So, officially I'm on the 5th trays! By the way, don't you think the trays feel tighter when the dentist puts them in?

Oh, and the dentist told me that this is the stage where 'resistance' might happen. (When he said that to me, I was like, yeah, I am beginning to resist putting the trays back after dinner lately! Of course I didn't say that to him, I just thought that to myself...) Anyway, he told me that if I notice a gap between the teeth and the tray, that's a sign of the resistance and that's the time to call him! So guys, always, always call your dentist if there is anything that you think might be abnormal, after all, you've paid all the money and you don't want your teeth to go the wrong way! :P

I shall be getting the images and the Clincheck posted to me this week - so watch this space! I can't wait to look at my Clincheck everyday to remind myself WHY I've put myself through this treatment. Although it's relatively painless, it's such a hassle and I have people looking at me when I take out my trays in restaurants. (Maybe because I should have gone to the ladies and done it discreetly....)

2 comments:

  1. Hi...

    Is it very common in UK that you can take photo or video during treatment?
    Does the dentist allow?
    I wish I could take photo or video everytime go to the dentist, but I am afraid to ask for the dentist's permission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    I don't think it's common... coz a lot of people are not bothered about taking photos when they receive their treatments. I asked for the dentist's permission first before the whole invisalign process and he agreed. (though I can't take photo of him and the dental nurse!)

    My husband comes with me for all appointments and he's in charge of the camera! :D

    ReplyDelete

About Invisalign
Invisalign treatment will consist of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. And since your Invisalign system is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by you and your dentist or orthodontist, you know you'll end up with a smile that truly fits.
Links