Thursday, September 11, 2008

Invisalign- I can't wait to wear my nearly invisible braces!

So, YES, I am going to be wearing braces in 8 weeks! I am probably NOT the only person in the world who gets sooo excited about wearing braces! K says that I'll just be happy for the 1st day seeing the 24 sets of aligners and once I put them on, I'll be in too much pain to smile!

The clinic that I chose is a really nice dental practice in London. Everyone seems to be really professional. The receptionists are really friendly and knowledgeable and the dentist has a platinum elite status in Invisalign and has done over 500 cases in the last 3 years, so I know I am in good hands.

After making the payment (thanks, K!), I was taken to have my x ray done to check whether I have any obvious/potential dental decays. Apparently once the aligners are made, you can't change your tooth structure or they won't fit properly and having fillings would change the tooth structure! Going to be brushing my teeth vigorously for the next few months!

Then, I realised that today was going to be the day where they take my 'before' mug shot! I wish I was reminded earlier so I can at least put some makeup and wear some pretty clothes... Oh well, I guess the effect would only be more phenomenal when I look all nice and dressed up for my 'after' shot.

Oh, and the moulds, they didn't take long to do- I thought it was going to be ages (from the distant memory of my childhood), but less than 10 minutes they're done and dusted. There were some tiny bits of left on my teeth though and it was hard to wash them off with just rinsing! (I would have brought my toothbrush if I knew!) The moulds then get sent to Invisalign where the CAD models of my teeth will be made! So in 3 weeks time, I am going to the the clinic again to check out what my teeth would look like when the treatment is completed, yes the final finish product!! The dentist predicted the treatment would last for 12 months which means that I'd get 24 sets of lower and upper trays, and change trays every 2 weeks. FUN FUN FUN!

I am so excited although I know it's not going to be painless journey... but...no pain, no gain, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Invisalign
Invisalign treatment will consist of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. And since your Invisalign system is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by you and your dentist or orthodontist, you know you'll end up with a smile that truly fits.
Links