Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Finally, 2nd Set of the Trays

20th January was an important day for my Invisalign journey. Actually, I feel today is the proper starting point of this journey- coz everything finally arrived: attachments, teeth filed and the PAIN! And it's even MORE painful when taking out the trays.  The first time when I wanted to take out the trays, lower tray was okay, upper tray seemed impossible.  My husband even offered his help to take them off for me! But I was far too scared to let him do that- I just had a picture in my head that my teeth would come out with the tray too! +_=

Now, some closeup pictures of my filed teeth.  I have loads of tiny gaps between my teeth- it's quite strange coz I can feel the 'air' going between my teeth when I breath in and out using my mouth. :)

Looks a bit funny, doesn't it? Oh well, beauty comes with a heavy price tag! Hopefully it's just the right amount of room for my upper teeth to rotate and in a few months time, the gap will disappear!  (Same applies to the gap on my lower front teeth!!)










Now a few more gaps on the side... You can also see my three attachments on my upper teeth.  They are so annoying as they make the tray so much harder to take off! I literally have to yank them out and it hurts so much! Although it's slightly easier to take the tray out now (2nd day of wearing my 2nd set of trays), still painful!  And my finger tips are in pain too- not just my teeth! Wow, I just realised that my lips look super dry!




4 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Good to see you have your attachments on, now the movement can really start! I don't get mine till set 3, and these ones don't feel like they are doing much.

    Hope they are more comfortable soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got attachments! Get ready for your teeth to start shifting!!! Those gaps are going to be closing soon! Sorry, about the pain, but at least you know it's working good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! The pain went away after the first 24 hours really, so I am, again, at the no pain stage- wondering whether there is a constant pain for people wearing fixed braces? Sad thing is that I am not noticing any difference at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I can see the difference already ! Just proves that Invisalign is just as effective as the traditional metal braces, and can be faster at it too.

    ReplyDelete

About Invisalign
Invisalign treatment will consist of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. And since your Invisalign system is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by you and your dentist or orthodontist, you know you'll end up with a smile that truly fits.
Links