Saturday, January 10, 2009

Invisalign Diary: 1st set (Day5)


Feeling brave today to take a photo of myself with the Invisalign trays in! They're pretty invisible, isn't it? Well at least 30 cm away from my mouth, they are.

I haven't really experienced any pain at all (haven't taken any pain killers) and the only pain is when my fingers touch the sensitive roots when I take the trays out. Oh, and on top of that, unfortunately I have developed a mini cold sore at the corner of my mouth, which adds extra pain when I take my trays out as I have to open my mouth wide. eeek! I guess this way, I am keeping my trays in even longer as outside my 3 meals a day, they are firmly kept inside my mouth as no snack is worth the pain of opening my mouth wide!

My teeth are feeling a bit sensitive when I eat now- somehow I have a picture in my head that when I bite down, one of my teeth is going to break!











4 comments:

  1. I had exactly the same problem with root sensitivity the first few days. I was wincing when I ate, but now, thankfully, nothing.

    BTW, I noticed that you already have your attachments. my ortho never puts them in until week 4. Is it standard practice to put them on from the beginning in the UK?

    I love seing the trays in on other people as it reinforces how little you can see them! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello- no, I haven't got the attachments on my teeth yet but my trays already have the bumps! Is it not the case with you? It's interesting to find out what different dentists do and you can ask more questions to understand everything a bit more!

    I changed my toothpaste to Sensodyne Pronamal and it seems to do the trick so far! I no longer suffer in pain when I take the trays down anymore! Yoohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 喔喔!完全看不出來喔!下次見面就看不到小兔子了!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 台灣也有這個東西,叫隱適美!真的是隱形的哦!不用擔心便成牙套妹!

    ReplyDelete

About Invisalign
Invisalign treatment will consist of a series of aligners that you switch out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. And since your Invisalign system is custom-made for your teeth and your teeth only, with a plan devised by you and your dentist or orthodontist, you know you'll end up with a smile that truly fits.
Links